- Boys need to have a good relationship with the teacher.
- Boys will only stay engaged as long as the work interests them.
- Boys need purpose, to make a difference, to know they measure up.
- Boys need challenge, above all, a need for a meaningful vocation.
- Boys need purposeful work.
- Boys long for to be a part of something bigger than themselves.
- Boys love rituals, trophies and tradition.
Sunday, November 18, 2012
I came across this terrific article by Margaret Wente in the Globe and Mail. She spoke with Ontario educators about Boys and their Boyness. Here are 7 of the highlights.
Posted by Kent Manning at Sunday, November 18, 2012