More from Peg Tyre's book. From Chapter 11 Page 156 of "The Trouble with Boys" by Peg Tyre - - a reference to the work of Ralph Fletcher
1. Identify boys with poor handwriting and find them a keyboard.
2. Allow boys plenty of choices when comes to what they want to write.
3. Allow boys to use visual cues - - drawings, arrows, and signs.
4. Teacher needs to appreciate the way boys write. i.e., boys use kid language not classroom language, stories are goofy, sarcastic, funny.
5. Be tolerant of boys' topic choice: violence, mayhem, gore.